FULFILLMENT OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE STUDENT. THE FUNCTION OF THE ADVISOR IS PURELY CONSULTATIVE.
– Students are obliged to complete all the courses shown in the table above. It is not sufficient to earn an equivalent number of credits.
– Students whose Proficiency Exam scores are B and above are required to take English Language and Literature courses (EL, AL, LIT, ENGL, LING, CL, DRA). Students whose Proficiency Exam scores are C are required to take Advanced English courses (AE 111 and AE 112).
– Hum. (humanities) electives should be selected from among history and philosophy courses.
– Dep. (departmental) electives should be selected from among sociology courses.
– Comp. (complementary) electives should be selected from among history, philosophy, psychology, economic and political science courses. Consent of the advisor is required.
– Unrest. (unrestricted) electives can be taken from any department. However, students are allowed to take at most 3 PA (Pass/Fail) courses to be counted for graduation credits. Consent of the advisor is required.
– PE courses are not counted for graduation credits.
All courses and course definitions of the sociology department may be seen under the undergraduate catalogue and/or graduate catalogue pages of the university. The links indicated below provide the most recent information about new courses or changes in course titles, definitions or credits as accepted by the university senate. Please check: